Sunday, August 29, 2010

Santa Fe Depot — Oklahoma City Historic Postcards

Santa Fe Train Depot Oklahoma City

From my Oklahoma City postcard collection…

Just east of the Ford Center at the entry to Bricktown is the Santa Fe Depot. This is a magnificent art deco building is from the late 30’s. It’s still used today for Amtrak’s Heartland Flyer. It has also been restored and used for events such as a wedding reception I attended there.

As a small child I remember going there to catch the train to Houston to visit my aunt. It was a bustling place back then, and of course seemed gigantic to me. The train stopped running sometime during the 60’s or 70’s and the Santa Fe Depot sat abandoned. I recall thinking during the 80’s and 90’s that this would have be a great place to open a Oklahoma City Hard Rock Cafe!

Originally posted at Oklahoma City Real Estate Blog

Submitted by OKCHomeSeller's Posterous via email from http://okchomeseller.posterous.com/santa-fe-depot-oklahoma-city-historic-postcar

No comments:

Post a Comment